posted this on October 16, 2013 03:22 PM
Make your indoor training count with our addition of premium training videos brought to you by Strava and The Sufferfest.
This feature is available to users with premium membership and allows you to access a growing library of training videos that help you improve with a variety of tailored workouts.
You can watch these videos as often and whenever you like as long as you have a data connection. We recommend connecting through Wifi to avoid possible additional cellular data costs. When completing a video you can easily create a manual entry that represents your activity on strava.
Select the Training Videos option from the 'More' tab in the Tab Bar as shown below left, and you will see a list of all available training videos, as well as some basic information about the workout they follow (below right).
Tap one of the videos to view more detailed information, or to start the video, as shown below left and right.
Tapping 'Start Workout' will begin the video playback, which will guide you through the workout as you ride:
If you leave the video after watching for more than twenty percent, you will be prompted to save your ride as a Manual Activity - which will automatically populate the length of time for which you've been watching, as well as some basic information about your workout (below left and center). Finally, if you return to the video with more than five percent remaining, you will be brought back to the spot at which you last stopped playback (below right). Saving a manual activity will automatically reset your viewing position to the start of the video.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Do I need any additional equipment?
- All you need is an indoor trainer to follow the video instructions.
Can I play these videos on my iPad or Android Tablet?
- Yes, you can install the phone version of the app, and play the videos in full screen mode.
Can I access the video offline?
- No. You need a data connection to stream the videos. We recommend Wifi for the best video quality experience.
Will I incur charges from my mobile provider when I stream these videos?
- If videos are played over your mobile connection (non-wifi), you will incur normal data charges from your mobile provider if you exceed your monthly mobile data limits. Playing videos on your WiFi connection will insure the best quality and not count against your monthly mobile data limits.
Can I stream these on my TV?
- You can use Airplay on iPhones/iPads or an HDMI cable on Android to connect with a TV.